Monday, June 19, 2006

Jumping Off The Bridge Without A Plan

Yeah, I'm back. Miss me?

I know I've been a slacker. Between my international travels, physical illness and mental trepidation, I've ignored Touch 'Em All.

But no more. As a matter of fact, you are probably going to get more TEA than in the past. I've been saving up and the filters are off.

But first, to the guy who cut me off on the JFX...

EITHER DRIVE OR TALK BECAUSE YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME! Oh, and your right rear tire is going down.

There. I said it. I feel better.

How many of you are trying to do more with less -- in the workplace, in the home or in your life? The pressures of success and failure weigh on us in ways we cannot fathom.

The big question: who are you trying to please?

There has to be a time when you aim to please yourself. So many times, we've caught in the web where demands from others trump desires of your own. It is when the balance gets so out of wack when anger, frustration, and darkness can grab you.

Knowing your limitations is key and not feeling inadequate when asking for help is necessary. There is a commerical on TV where a guy is wearing a pair of wings and standing on a bridge over a river. He jumps off the bridge and glides without effort.

The crowd shouts, "He can fly!" One older man says, "Yeah, but he can't swim."

Ouch.

Prior planning prevents poor performance. And that goes for just about every aspect in your life.

Next time: did the Pope really tell one of the greatest minds of our time to stop his work? And why?

It will be an ordeal. Canaries will go in first. Accidents will happen, and men will die. -- Penny Arcade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting comic today sweetie.