Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Great White North

This is what I've been doing the past five days.



I have bruises in so many places that there aren't enough ice bags to go around. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I learned a lot in my time in Toronto. Some of it serious and some of it silly, but all of it now a part of me.

  • Poutine really is as good as advertised.

  • Playing five games of hockey in 40 hours -- while fun -- is hell on the body.

  • The Hockey Hall of Fame has tons of displays, but keeps all the trophies in a room big enough to host a small wedding.

  • My wife has a more accurate slapshot than I do, but I can stop more shots than she can.

  • End boards at hockey rinks do not move and should not be run into head first -- even if I am being hooked from behind.

  • I cannot hear fans cheering in the stands.

  • Canadian beer is stronger than beer found in the states. While that wasn't new, I forgot that.

  • Blood, sweat, and tears isn't just a statement -- it was reality for our team.

  • There is always time for victory -- whether it is 4.6 seconds left in regulation, down by 2 goals, or needing a shootout win.

  • It took 10 Bulldogs to bring home a championship from Toronto, but it took 18 Bulldogs to get us there.

  • I can be too tired to laugh.

  • And I really do hate those guys.


  • I still can't believe we won. But I'm sitting next to the trophy so it must be true.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats. Does everyone get a few weeks with the trophy like the Stanley
    Cup?

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats!!!!

    Its time to move up to NHL!!!

    WJ

    Anonymous said...

    We are very proud of you and your whole team.

    Mom & Dad