Monday, May 15, 2006

Nose Knows

"All the leaves are brown/And the skies are grey"

It is official. I am 12 years old.

I have medical verification. My doctor said, "What are you? 12?" And I refuse to put the conversation into context. So there.

Apparently, I am not alone in hanging on to my youth.

Ladies, you'll want to run out and get a new perfume called "Eau de Play-Doh." Believe me, I can't make this up.

Hasbro is celebrating the toy's 50th anniversary by releasing a scent that is designed to smell just like the modeling clay. At $19 a bottle, Hasbro figures smelling the perfume will "transport people back to their childhood."

I didn't really play with Play-Doh much as a kid, but I do remember what it smelled like. I'm not sure if my sweetie was wearing "Eau de Play-Doh" if I would be intrigued -- or wonder if we opened a day care center in our home.

Scent is one of the strongest memory triggers for our brain. I know there are many smells I've encountered in my lifetime that I will NEVER get out of my memory.

And commercials on television show women jumping all over a guy after he gets a hit from a body spray, which I do use. I can honestly say that has never happened to me, but I do get comments about it.

Odors and smells can attract or repel faster than any other of our five senses. Now, if someone would bottle up a bar-b-que perfume for women...

I saw this quote on one of my web comics last week, shared it with some friends and now I share it with you. How you interpret it is up to you.

‘I used to think it was a terrible thing that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'what if life *were* fair, and all of the terrible things that happen to us came because we really deserved them?' Now I take great comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe.’

Bring it on.

1 comment:

Harbinger said...

Your quote is from Babylon 5 made by a character names Marcus and created, produced, and largely written by J. Michael Straczynski.

That particular quotation is one of my favorites because it's one we can all relate to.